Re: Some wisdome needed!

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 4/20/04 7:19:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Hello my name is Cody, I am new to the tesla list. I am currently studying
>Electronics Engineering Technology and I am wanting to make a tesla coil.
>My buddy is giving me a NST rated at 15kV -at- 30mV. I really dont know where
>to start.

Cody,

If you'd like to get 38" sparks from a typical 12/30 NST, see my
TT-42 design at:

<http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html>http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

I used a synchonous rotary gap, but even with a static gap 32" sparks
can be obtained.  Click on the link at my site to see John Morawa's
similar (but prettier) TC.  There's also some other stuff at my site.

John