Re: Some wisdom needed!

Original poster: Cody Carse <cac619-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Im sorry the NST is 12kV not 15kV. It is a franceformer NST.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cody Carse <cac619-at-earthlink-dot-net>
Sent: Apr 20, 2004 12:41 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Some wisdome needed!

Hello my name is Cody, I am new to the tesla list. I am currently studying
Electronics
Engineering Technology and I am wanting to make a tesla coil. My buddy is
giving
me a NST rated at 15kV -at- 30mV. I really dont know where to start. I have
looked
at the minikatz coil and I like the design. Where would I find caps
suitable for
tesla work? My buddy says to make my own. I would really like to find
manufactured
ones if it wouldnt be too much money. I have about $100 to make the coil
and can
probably get building materials like pvc and plywood for free. Also I have
all the
tools I need to make it. I have tried looking through the archives but it
is very
overwhelming, alot of info that I don't yet fully understand. Any
information will
be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Cody