RE: Simple Spark Gap Designs

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I used 1/4" threaded brass rod for my saltwater-side
electrodes. They held up for 3 years without any
maintenance. The rods were green with corrosion. After
scrubbing them bright with a bronze brush, they are
good for another 3 years.

Cheers,

 > Original poster: pepperman-at-SoftHome-dot-net
 >
 > Gary,
 > With saltwater caps like you suggested, how big of a
 > problem is
 > corrosion?  I know I've seen suggestions to use
 > copper sulfate (sold
 > as a root killer for septic systems, etc.) as the
 > salt, but that seems a
 > bit expensive.  So is there anything you can do to
 > manage
 > corrosion in normal saltwater caps?
 >
 > Michael Johnson

=====