Re: Ebay Pole Pigs

Original poster: DRIEBEN-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com

Kevin,

I believe someone? said that they were T&R pigs. I'm not sure how this guy
is getting them but he's been advertising these for about a year and a
half now. It seems strange that just around the time that T&R supposedly
stopped selling pole pigs to amature coilers is about the same time frame
that this guy starts selling these pigs. Go figure. At first, he was sel-
ling all of them with free shipping but now you have to be located within
a pretty limited geographical area to qualify for that benefit. Anyway, he
does have a 100% + feedback rating with over 200 hits, so he seems to be
legit. Of course, all of his other items of sale is foreign music CDs.
Don't know how much he really knows about pole pigs and coiling.?

BTW, I just recently obtained a 15 kVA, 14,400/120-240 volts pole
pig from a rebuild shop for $300. I had to drive nearly 300 miles round
trip, but that's a somewhat better price that this guy's and the only
"shipping' that I had to pay was a tank of gas for my truck (which is get-
ting to be a substantial cost now w/ gas pushing close to $2 a gallon)
With a little calling around, one can probably find a somewhat more local
source of pigs and probably at a decent price.

David Rieben