Re: Capacitor Question??

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Hi David,

I've got a number of their single-eared 25 kV cousins that were originally
part of a high voltage Pulse Forming Network in some older Varian medical
equipment (a LINAC). These caps are almost certainly rated for moderate
current pulsed duty but, unfortunately, it's not clear if they were
designed for low pulse repetition rate (in which case they'd most likely be
Mylar) or for high PPR (which would imply polypropylene). However, based on
the comparatively small physical size and the age of the capacitors, I'd
bet that they are Mylar.

Pictures of the 40 kV cap and its 25 kV cousin are at:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3809614785
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3810492088

-- Bert --