Re: Flyback Driver PCBs

Original poster: "Arpit Thomas" <arpit-at-inzo-dot-org>

Hi kreso. I took a 145 watt psu apart and without my solder wick i couldnt
desolder teh transformer so i soldered wires onto 2 of the 4 lines into the
transformer.  I then took a monitor flyback and found some input pins with
a resistance between them of 1.5 ohms and connected the wires to them. I
had a 150 mercury vapour light connected toa power board ( it was dark).
WHen I plugged the psu into the power board the mercury vapour lamp turned
off then restarted from the slowly getting brighter cycle. the psu made a
quiet buzzing like they do when overloaded, and I got no sparks whatever.
I'm giving up on your method, and going to try a halogen download smps. :)