Capacitor Donation

Original poster: Koen van den Berg <cerberus_rex-at-planet.nl>

It's great to see how generous total strangers can be when presented with a
fun idea. I just received a shipment of 80(!) capacitors, rated for 5.2 kV
and 35 uF, for free!
A while ago I wrote to General Atomics, asking them if they could perhaps
sponsor me for my railgun project. Lo and behold, I received a reply from
their head of R&D. After a few emails he agreed to give me the caps. Only
problem was shipping, since I live in Holland and GA is in San Diego. I
told him I was having trouble getting money for the shipping, and he
replied saying that he would be going to Switzerland with one of his
technicians, and wouldn't you know it, they could bring the boxes along in
stead of luggage. How cool is that? He even got the company he was visiting
to ship it to my school free of charge!
Anyway, besides the railgun I'm hoping to try some other experiments with
the caps, anybody have any suggestions?

Koen