Re: What's going on?

Might be a problem with quenching (turn off time/duration).

Try using a portable air compressor and blast a stream of air through the
spark gap while the coil is running and see if the spark length improves.
It's best to tape/support the air nozzle and operate the on/off from a
distance from the coil to avoid getting zapped.

I could do the transfer for you later this summer when I'm back in WI.  As
long as it's in either the SVHS or mini-DV format.  I can't do the hi-8
stuff.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.