Re: Tank cap and psu for 3 inch coil

Since you are not firing at each peak you can use 1.6 x Cres.

If running a NST you absolutely do not want to run at Cres as this can
easily resonant and overvolt the xmfr windings especially with RF.

The xmfrs work fine at 1.6 x Cres and provide a longer spark output than
just running at Cres.

Yes, 50-55 nF will work well.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation