Re: bad pole xmfrs

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Well, my 14.4kV 25 kVA pig cost nothing. For
"shipping", I paid someone a used 200 MHz Intel CPU to
help load it onto my pickup. At the time, he was
running a 166, which died, so it was a BIG step up!

As to a pig's appeal, I've run my two coils with nst's
(including a 15/120), a pt and a pig. Even ballasting
my pig to "roughly" the same power, it just "seems" to
have much more Uumph with the pig. Not to mention that
you can probably run the pig at several times the
power rating for short runs. Plus it just looks cool!

Adam