Re: THOR: SMPS schematic update

Original poster: David Sharpe <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Hi Marco
Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com
>Hello all,
>
>I have got the updated schematics of Thor's SMPS on "paper", at last.
>For those interested, they can be found at:
>
>http://www.iki.fi/dncmrc
>
>Select the "Last modifications (rev. C)" menu item.
>
>There you will also find the schematics of the Timer board, that allows
>me to emit a predefined number of disruptive discharges with my TC. Plus
>a list of all the arrangements I had to make in order to get rid of
>transients.
>
>You may also find interesting a simple optocoupled 0-3V linear link
>(check the Probe board).
>
>Regards

I'm glad you have resolved your reliability/stability problems with THOR's
power supply.  Amazing how EMI will cause massive problems with
clocked systems (TTL or CMOS) much less a Power Electronics system,
and how something as simple as effective shielding + optoisolation can
dramatically improve system reliability.
.
I have downloaded the schematics and will review further.  Thanks!

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA