From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 9:03 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Stacking Variacs, paralleling

Original poster: "Richard W." <potluckutk-at-comcast-dot-net>

Hi Randy,

I have six staco 2520s paralleled (240 -at- 10A each). I used the secondary
of
filament transformers as chokes and it works great. Voltage drop across
each
choke is around one volt. Each choke seems to drop a little more or a
little
less which is what they are supposed to do.

I got the transformers from Ebay. The secondaries are rated 13 volts at
50
amps. These went for 20 bucks each. Right now the same seller has been
selling higher current transformers, 14 volts at 70 amps (#7 square
wire)
for 25 bucks each. I connect the primaries all in series ( in a loop )
while
the secondaries are connected in series with the output of the
respective
variac. The loop on the primaries is what actually "balances" the
outputs.

Ebay #3807435316

He's been selling these for quite some time now, seems he has a bunch of
them.

Rick W.
Salt Lake City