RE: Free NST's forever?...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Godfrey,

Thanks...everyone should be able to have the
opportunity to prototype their coils and gain
experience using the relative safety of NSTs.

Oh, and this reminds me...I have a little NST
that I unpotted a few weeks ago when a guy mentioned
wanting a small transformer.  I believe mine is either
a 6/30 or a 9/30 (I think it's a 6).  It is
surprisingly small, but a little messy.  I was able to
chip away most of the potting, but some of it still
remains and is a little sticky.  It's not the usual
old style Franceformer asphalt, but I don't think it
is epoxy either, since it did chip away rather
easily...maybe it was due to age.  Anyway...

I can't remember who it was that was wanting a
transformer close to that size, but he never followed
up after I mentioned that I had one.  This one's free
for the taking and would probably only cost 5 bucks or
so for me to ship out to you guys.  Every bit of space
I can free up in my lab/ham shack helps.

Cheers,

-Brett