Re: New to tesla coils

Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

In a message dated 9/28/03 11:26:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>No need for glyptal.  Just use polyurethane furniture sealant also found at
>Home Depot.

Hi Dan, all,

I agree, although Glyptal probably is the best it is not absolutely
necessary. I use the Minwax Spar Urethane, which is much more
resistant to temperature fluctuations than the plain, cheaper urethane
coatings, which will often begin to crack with age and the wide sea-
sonal temp changes that most of us in the temperate zone experience.
The Spar urethane has never done this on any of my secondaries and
the ambient temp in my shop ranges from 100*+ in August to subfreez-
ing in January. The Minwax Spar Urethane isn't cheap, about $30 for a
gallon can at Home Depot, but it's worth it IMHO, and still cheaper than
Glyptal :^)

Happy coiling,
David Rieben