Re: New to tesla coils

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

 > >I'm going to make a static gap with a bunch of copper tubes (adjustable)
 > >
 > >I'll probably make a torroid from aluminum dryer duct.
 > >
 > >I will probably try to make the primary adjustable.  What size copper
 > >tubing is best?

0.25" copper tubing is readily available and works well.  Buy it at home
depot.  Just make sure you use more turns than necessary.
See my design guide at:

http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/designresource.htm

No need for glyptal.  Just use polyurethane furniture sealant also found at
Home Depot.
That transformer has a 277VAC input.  It will be worthless to you.  You need
a 120VAC input transformer.

Another rule of thumb is, if you are interested in something on ebay, never
mention it on this group and you will greatly decrease your chances on that
item, especially if its
hot or rare item.  The less people that know about it, the better for you!
ha ha ha

Dan