Re: 833 coil

 > Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>
 >
 > >Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
 > >
 > > > Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>
 > > >
 > > > Notice that the Q of the coil overall will change drastically from
using 1
 > > > tube to using 2 tubes!  In order to truly optimize a single tube coil,
you
 > > > must redesign the tank parameters...likely using a higher impedance.
 > >
 > >Without giving it any thought, I would think that you need a lower plate
 > >load impedance, since you've got two tubes in parallel, each one taking
half
 > >the load?  I would also assume that the plate C is doubled...
 >
 > I think youve misread me.  A single tube will need a higher impedance tank
 > to keep the power draw (the power processed by the tube) lower than with
 > having 2 tubes in parallel.  What you stated is correct for using 2 tubes
 > rather than one.  Plate C is not necessarily doubled though, it gets a bit
 > more complicated than that...stuff i dont quite understand.  But i think
 > you can do 1.41X the capacitance or so for going from 1 tube to 2 tubes
and
 > maintaining a similar load impedance per tube.  Though, dont count on what
 > i just said, i simply seem to remember someone telling me that.

You're right... I did misread you.. you said that one tube would need a
higher plate Z than a two tube, which is what I thought, but didn't think
you said.

Ohhh... this is too complicated.. just give me that turn of the century
static spark gap.. so simple, none of this new-fangled impedance stuff...