Re: 833 coil

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: 833 coil
>Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:18:45 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I think youve misread me.  A single tube will need a higher impedance tank
to keep the power draw (the power processed by the tube) lower than with
having 2 tubes in parallel.  What you stated is correct for using 2 tubes
rather than one.  Plate C is not necessarily doubled though, it gets a bit
more complicated than that...stuff i dont quite understand.  But i think
you can do 1.41X the capacitance or so for going from 1 tube to 2 tubes and
maintaining a similar load impedance per tube.  Though, dont count on what
i just said, i simply seem to remember someone telling me that.

_