New to tesla coils

Original poster: sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>

Hi, I haven't built a tesla coil yet, but I am fascinated by them, and
would love to make one.
Right now I am attempting to get a 15kv transformer.  I'm in the
Raleigh, NC area.  If anyone nearby knows where I can get one, please
let me know!  Also, knowing how much one should cost would be helpful if
I get one on ebay.
I also would be interested in how much a tesla coil costs overall.  I
know it would depend, but what should I expect for one powered with 15kv
30ma?
Is it a bad idea to use wine bottle capacitors?  Is it a best bet just
to buy some and do the series/parallel bank?
Also, is it possible/recommended to build your own toroid?
Any other beginner info, or what you would recommend I do is greatly
appreciated.
Thanks.
--
sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>