Re: Spark Gap Tubes

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

I've found that the thoriated rods seemed to settle my rotory gap down quite
a bit.  They will help prevent non-firing gap presentations, which in turn
helps prevent over-volting caps and xfmrs.  In a fixed gap they would likely
cause problems with quenching if airflow thru the gap is low or nonexistant.
This downside is still useful in the safety gap, as it can promote it's
firing even if misadjusted a little.

David E Weiss