Re: Dielectric constant table

Hi Matt,

:-)))

I just wanted to point out to the poster that the oil filled homemade poly
cap, just like the Edison phonograph, is sort of a "nostalgic" effort...

If he or she "wants" to recreate that "old world" feeling of blowing glass
plate caps or oil splattering all over the garage, then yeah!!!   "Go for
it...  "We don't normally think of recreating Richard Hull's Nemesis as a
historical reproduction effort...  But maybe recent history should be
reborn again just for the historical reference...  It just seemed to me
that the person wanted a Tesla coil capacitor and was not aware of
MMCs...  I just had to let them know...

But if they think that a 1985 oil filled poly cap plan they picked up off
funet is the latest and greatest technology...  Golly, we just have to let
them know ;-))  I know of many poly sheeting purchases for that super oil
filled cap... that really did end up keeping paint off the carpet ;-))  I
just didn't get that "I want to reproduce a fully accurate reproduction of
that oil filled homemade capacitor era device" situation ;-))

So I don't mean to discourage anyone or belittle a nostalgic effort...  I
just wanted to be sure they have the full picture of the "present"
situation with the benefit of state of the art information.

Hate to see someone procuring ,building, blowing... an oil filled cap when
all they needed was a nice MMC... ;-))

Goodness knows the MMC is by far the biggest Tesla coiling advance in the
last five years...  Many still do not know...  It is our duty to inform...

Cheers,

         Terry