Fw: 10+MHz SSTC Gate Drive Circuit Finalized

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Right!...I should have seen that.  I simulated that & it works...but I
found that I had to reduce C2, C3 to 47nF; the 1 uF takes too long to
charge.  Also, a) I don't think you need R1, R2 >ever< and b) you can omit
CR1 & CR2 since the capacitors will charge nicely through the PNPs' b:c
junctions, forward biased only when the PNPs stop being transistors
anyway.  Seems odd to have a capacitor connected to a transistor collector
with nothing else there, but in this case...why not?

With 47 nF for your C2/C3 & 5 nF loads, I get the load voltages reaching 8
V in 40 us at 100 KHz.  >However<...I see a disturbing anomaly during that
1st 40 us:  During the first several cycles after t=0 (when the C2/C3
voltages rise from 0), both outputs become + at the same time!  That's
something you might want to check (in the real world).  That's with the
transformer being 2mH each coil, 1:1:1 and with k's = 0.9.  I'll pursue it
further in simulation as soon as I can but probably not today due to the
press of other things.

Ken Herrick

In a message dated 9/18/03 6:46:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,