Re: Battery power for big SSTC

Original poster: "william_b_noble" <william_b_noble-at-msn-dot-com>

a more interesting thought is to look at cranking power - the 6V battery in
my dodge will deliver about 600 amps (for at least 30 sec to a minute), a
12V battery from a large car will deliver 300 to 400 amps - now, use that
value in your calculation - 400 amps at 240V is enough to start to be
genuinely impressive.

Just be sure to take the caps off the batteries first