overcoupling

Original poster: "harry" <harry-at-prcn-dot-org>

In a recent post Dr. R.  mentioned that with a high power large secondary a
conical primary will overcouple , I am in the process of building a coil
with a 12" secondary and a 16 turn 30 degree inverse conical primary, power
initialy will be 4 15/30 nst's with SRSG 120 bps , will overcoupling be a
serious problem ? should I rebuild the primary to flat spiral and replace
the SRSG with a sucker gap? could someone tell me what some of the effects
of overcoupling are? I can also raise the secondary about 5" if this would
lower the coupling equal to flattening the spiral.......suggestions?

thanks

Lance