TC stuff for sale in UK

Original poster: Alexander Rice <alex-at-rices.ath.cx>

Hi All,

I have been an active coiler for a while now but with gong to university
(to study electronic engineering incidentally) the time has come to wind
down (pun intended) my coiling activities, as a result i have some stuff
for sale which would be great for anyone in the UK who is either active, or
looking to get into this fascinating (if somewhat addictive) hobby. To cut
to the chase...

165 Brand New (Still in baggies) 1500V 0.047uF Arcotronics pulse caps (RS
Part 114-474) and 10M 0.5W Phillips 'VR' HV resistors rated for 3500V (RS
Part 164-8401) to go with them

would like 65p per capacitor-resistor pair (multiples of 5) or £100 the lot
- i am taking a hit on these in order to bring them down to the same £/CV
as the geek group caps (well a bit less actually)

plus

'Grab bag' of

45 of the same caps and resistors that have had light use and may have
clipped or bent leads.

40p a cap-resistor pair (again, multiples of 5 please). or £15 the lot.

If anyone buys the whole bunch i'll pay shipping else it'll be at cost
which shouldn't be more than a few quid.

Two 'CeraMite' 570pF 40Kv caps - £5 ea.

A FART (yes that really is the brand!) 9Kv 50mA Neon Sign transformer - £30

A working 8A open frame Variac - £45

A mostly complete 8A varic, only really useful for the core - £20

A 1uF 5Kv capacitor from late 70's - £10 (warning *possible* PCB hazard)

An Enco rotary vane Vacuum pump, oil drained, good mechanical order from a
school, unknown vacuum capability but 0.0004mm hg when new, probably very
little use - £50

Two 12" spun aluminium hemispheres that fit together: perfect for a large
VDG - £30 the pair

A motor perfect for synch conversion with very little end play - £5

All the heavy / bulky items can either be collected from me at 26 St
Barnabas Road, Cambridge or at the cambridge teslathon, or posted, which
would be £10 - £12 an item.

I can accept Pay Pal, cash or personal cheque.

I'll put up a website at www.rices.ath.cx/teslastuff.htm later with photos.

Anybody interested please email me PERSONALLY (alex-at-rices.ath.cx) not the
list, if you are interested in an item but feel the price is wrong please
contact me - i have been out of the hobby a while now. Thanks Terry for
tolerating the few non-tesla items.

Regards

Alexander Rice