Re: 140V to an NST

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

That analogy doesn't quite work.  You should be saying that using a NST
period for tesla coiling is like using your family car for an extreme
offroad rally race.
If you are worried about applying an extra 20V to your NST, you shouldn't
even be using an NST for tesla coiling in the first place.  Almost all NSTs
in my experience
can easily handle the extra 20V (and corresponding higher secondary
voltage).  Its primarily the secondary insulation you are worried about
here.

The Captain