High Voltage / High Inductance Inductors

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I'm looking at trying to build a high voltage / high inductance inductor
for use in a DC power supply
application for filtering.

Has anyone here made something like a 1H to 5H inductor which is rated
for about 10-20kV ???
If so, I'd like to hear from you and some details of how you built this,
what type of cores you found
to work best, and any other information.

Turn-to-turn voltage shouldn't be too high especially considering the
number of turns required, but voltage stand-off from
the core would be a big one I would think.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Dan