Re: Calculating streamer breakout of top-loads

Original poster: "Rikard Titus" <rikard_titus-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Calculating streamer breakout of top-loads
>Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 07:04:23 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
>

>Right.  3.6 kVA.
>
>It isn't in the same context as you suspected.
>
>I only wanted to point out that to measure the "true" output potential you
>need to fire your coil in single shot mode and that trying to measure output
>spark lengths especially with ASRSG is not accurate as this spark length
>will depend on total bks/sec and power level.
Yes,yes.
Finally,we understand each other about these issues.

Neverthless,the actual measured conversion ratio of your system, if the
data should be trusted,is very small.V2:V1=11.3
My guess for C2 of your coil is less than 50 pF.
Even with this value, the ideal ratio is sqrt(50 nF/50 pf)>31.
So much voltage loss...

-Rik

_