Re: Transporting a SSTC on an airplane

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Just pack it normally and it would probably help to also enclose a lot of
documentation with it such as schematics, maybe a brief write-up with
pictures, etc... and include that
as well in the suitcase carrying the item.  That way, in the event they
search your checked-in baggage, they will see some forms of documentation.
I've taken SSTCs overseas recently
in check-in baggage as well as all kinds of old radio gear, tubes, etc...

They're more apt to check your baggage if you have bags of flour, cookie
mix, etc... since that looks like explosives.  I wouldn't carry the SSTC on
carry on, but it should be just fine
checked in.  Heck, i've even checked in rifles and pistols before on checked
baggage.  (Of course, they have to be in the proper carrying cases and
declared beforehand)

The Captain