RE: SSTC Twins UPDATE :30" goal met

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi Dan,

here is what im doing.  Ive got a single oscillator board with a TL494 and
a MAX 912 ultrafast comparator (for feedback use).  This sends the signal
to a beefy gate driver.  That driver drives 2 isolation transformers, which
drive 2 H-bridge circuits.  The gates are out of phase.  Each bridge drives
a 2x12awg primary of 5 turns.  The secondary coils are 4.5x19" of 30awg
with an 8"x1.5" toroid.  So yes, 2 individual drivers.  I could probably
push more power, but im going to save that for the nice lot of 48N50
MOSFETs im recieving. I will make a dual H-bridge with those monster fets
that will really be able to push some huge sparks.  But, until i get a 240V
service installed, i am stuck with a maximum of 3kw at 120v.

Also note i put a video on the site.  It needs DivX 2.03 or something like
that (its a free download).

Im also taking a shot with my press n peel PCB kit today to make a singe
board that contains the oscillator/feedback, gate driver, and staccato
board all on a 4x6 single sided PCB.  Then i need a clever way to package
the coil so that its not so messy.