Re: New Paper - LTR vs. Resonant Capacitors

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Dave,

That is a very good point and probably should be included somewhere.  I am
thinking of doing an entire series of How-To's on my website keeping them as
simple as possible for
the new beginner.  Perhaps a small page article just on choosing the primary
capacitor itself.

I would love to entertain any comments on the resonant size vs. LTR sizing
for NST type coils running with both static and synchronous gaps.  As you
said below, I was a bit reluctant to
discuss any of this because of its possibly confusing nature for the
beginner.  I guess things that need to be addressed would be:

Performance Issues (LTR vs. resonant)
LTR and static gaps
LTR and synchronous gaps

I don't have the time to research this fully right now, but if someone would
like donate a few paragraphs of their time, I can include a summary of the
information in my guide (with the
proper credit of course)

Thanks

Dan