Re: TC -or- the WIFE ! H E L P !

Original poster: "Jason & Christy" <jcwallace-at-redbird-dot-net>

Dan,
Im the wife to a coiler usually I just read the list but I had to respond to
this. I will admit when I met my husband he had apprently done Tesla Coils
back in school (we met in high school) but I wasnt aware of it. After being
married a bit he started renewing his intrests, and Ill admit I Thought he
was going to going to kill himself. Does your wife have a  hobby that you
cant stand? For my husband its my animals, he tolerates them I tolerate his
tesla coils. Actually Ill admit after being dragged to my first tesla fest
and wondering why all these men were standing outside playing with these
things waiting for it to get dark AND COLD I thought they were all nuts. I
will admit but the end of the evening (or should I say early next morning) I
was watching and photographing with intrest. I ended up even making two
websites for fests we went to with pics of the guys and there coils.Even
tried to do my own coil but widing that wire just didnt work very well for
me and I gave up.  We wifes worry thats our job, OH and BTW not every
emotional response is based on "that time of the month" (for any other woman
reading this im still working on getting hubby to understand that anyone
else get that throught he hubby's head yet oh an whats THERE reason??).

Now as to advice on your wife and how to handle it maybe talking to her
helping her understand the componets a little. I watched Jason and learned I
still couldnt tell you one part from teh other without a few guesses but I
sorta have an understanding on how it works and I do know my huband and
Trust him and know he's not goign to do anythign to hurt himself. He
actually has several sizes a smaller version he uses for school shows he
does, a medium sized one he works on, a larger size one thats his favorite
and in works one that requires the pole pigs out in the yard (that one has
me concerned but I know he's going to do it safely). With the small one he
lets our daughters help with things that are safe like standing away and
holding a flourecent bulb they love that.

We wives worry and you men have to admit that you have this attitude that
nothing can hurt you when it comes to tesla coils (at least it seems that
way a bit NOT A PUT DOWN just an observation). I have been married for 10
wonderful years and with more time I see him doing them the less I worry the
bigger the coil he's making my worries are renewed a bit though. You have to
give her time and understand she loves you so she worries.
Oh and one last TIP what ever you do, DO NOT plug it into her kitchen outlet
WITHOUT a safety plug in becaue catching the wiring in the kitchen on fire
does NOT make a wife happy. Just try to take it slow talk to her about it ,
show her other coilers and there safety measures, be safe and smart and for
gosh sakes stop blaming everything on "her time of the month" lol

Good Luck.
Christy