Load for testing

Original poster: "Mudford, Chris" <chris.mudford-at-agresearch.co.nz>

Hi

What loads have people used for testing power supplies?  For a two
seriesed MOT with voltage doubler I wanted to apply it to a load which
roughly represented Xc of my MMC to investigate voltage and current
relationship for different cap sizes used in the doubler.  I gave a tank
of water some thought having measured the conductivity of  distilled
dionised water, but, given the DC nature of the wave I was concerned
about oxygen/hydrogen formation at the electrodes.  I recall someone
talking about bicycle tubes for a HV resistor, but, can't find any
mention in the archives.

Cheers, Chris. (NZ)