Re: Filament help!

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/26/03 8:45:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>The 4-125A needs 5v at 6.5A for the filament.  Also, any idea if
> >thise tube is better than the 813? I have both and am wondering which I
> >should use.

Jim,

The 813 tube has a graphite plate and non-spiral filament, so it is
more robust for these reasons.  The 813 can also give a longer spark
output of about 16" to 20" versus about 14" for the 4-125A (both in
non-staccato mode.  To get the long sparks from the 813, you'll need
to run it at considerably above it's rated high voltage however.

The 4-125A is nice for a compact coil.

John