Re: Terry Filter Gap Setting

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

Yes I meant 7/16".  Remember that the rods are thoriated and do create
ionization, thats probably why the gap is so large.  And yes it was just
with the filter connected with the NSTs.

When I had RC filter with no safety gaps, at full power the SRSG would fire
at 1/2" prior to alignment.  With the new Terry filter and phase controller,
it still wants to fire at the same distance causing the safeties to fire.  I
am considering having Dr. R add another 4 pins to the rotor, as currently I
only have 45 degrees of mechanical control on the rotor.  I figure that I
should be able to get one set of pins or the other to fire, but then again,
both may fire.  Again it might just be not enough time to tweek everything
and find the happy medium.

Tonight I had to cut the coil from the Frankenstien production, due to it's
interferance with the lighting system.  BUMMER!  Was using it's strike cage
as a counterpoise (144 sqft of cage) but it needed to be a full Faraday
cage.  I think that the RF was getting to the triac dimmers by the
unshielded light cables overhead.

David E Weiss