Sparking off the secondary problem (more info)

Original poster: sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>

I covered the burn spot with electrical tape, This prevented this spot
from burning, but it sparked from other places on the secondary.  I
might have turned it on when the topload was not connected properly for
a few seconds.  Is it possible this would ruin my secondary?  I have put
a coat of polyurethane on, should I do this a few times to further
insulate it? or should I try to cover the entire thing with electrical
tape or "stretch wrap" from office max.

Any info greatly appreciated, and thanks for all the info before, it's
likely I wouldn't have been able to build it at all without the help!

--
sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>