Re: MMC - Sufficient Capacity?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Koen van den Berg <cerberus_rex-at-planet.nl>
 > I'm
 > in the process of making an MMC. It consists of 94 audio grade caps in
 > series, rated at 160 V by 3.3 mf.

I imagine that with so many capacitors in series the series resistance
of the assembly may be quite high. It's improbable that the resistance
exceeds the few Ohms of a typical spark gap, however, and the system
may work well enough. I would look for 1600 V capacitors with 330 nF,
or less capacitance and use parallel strings.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz