Re: Coiling

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Nir,   You can build great projects to role a coil ,I find the simple ways
best. Mount your PVC pipe like a roler in a wood frame with nail spindels
into wood block centers. No drive motors, not even new wood. Place the roler
at a good work hight 1.3 meters. Place your wire on the floor with the end
up. Cut  about 10  small 4 cm lengths of tape lightly attached to one end of
your roler. secure your wire to the end of your roler passing over the top
with  tape. have some excess wire under the tape or in the end of the roler
to make connestions. allow the wire to pull over the end of the role on the
floor. Turn the roler and wind the coil with one hand and guide the wire
with slight tension with the other hand.  As your coil grows in length place
a piece of tape on the coil every 5 cm or so to prevent the coil springing
into a mess when you slip as you will from time to time. It will take about
1 or 2 hours to finish. when you finish secure the ends of your coil with a
spot of PVC glue and remove the tape when the glue is dry. Then You can then
coat your coil to make it secure and protected.
       Robert   H