Re: SSTC DC blocking caps

Original poster: "Dan Strother" <dstroth-at-hotmail-dot-com>

The DC blocking caps in series with the primary are not integral to normal
operation. In fact, they have no affect on normal operation, so long as
they are well above the resonant capacitor match for the primary (1uF or so
is a typical blocking cap value in a mains powered SSTC).

They are there in the event that the bridge stops switching, and power is
applied to the primary coil for an extended period of time. Without the
blocking caps, the primary would appear as a short, resulting in the
potential death of your switching devices.

Dan Strother

Service.  Try it FREE for one month!   http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=dept/dialup