MMC - Sufficient Capacity?

Original poster: Koen van den Berg <cerberus_rex-at-planet.nl>

Hello all,

I was hoping somebody can help me out with a 'problem' I've run in to. I'm
in the process of making an MMC. It consists of 94 audio grade caps in
series, rated at 160 V by 3.3 mf. This amounts to approx. 15 kV and 35 nf.
Will this be adequate considering my transformer (dual parallel 10 kV 50 mA
NST's)? I might be able to up the cap bank to 100 caps, all rated at 160 V,
but that would mean adding 6 caps that were made by the same manufacturer,
but aren't rated at the same capacitance. These are 160 V 4.7 mf caps. Is
my current MMC sufficient, should I add these extra caps or do I have to
take a totally different approach? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Koen van den Berg