Re: NST power rating -- another perspective

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/15/03 12:48:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>John,
>
>When using NST's with a capacitive load as in a Tesla coil, it appears
>to me that the NST can supply approximately its rated wattage output
>without over-volting the NST input.  I'm basing this on measurements I did
>of the peak capacitor voltage and capacitance, which permitted me
>to calculate the joules, and then the output "wattage" based on the
>breakrate.

John C,

I just re-read my posting above.   I clearly stated that I'm writing about
Tesla coil use, and I also mention the breakrate.  This is clearly
not simply a capacitive load that I'm refering too.

John