Re: Poking wires into secondary

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61-at-yahoo-dot-com>

My favorite trick is to use a 1/4 wall thickness pvc pipe then take a very
small drill bit (just a bit larger than the wire) and drill into the pipe
at a very shallow angle.  then drill a mirror image hole to create a V
shaped channel in the wall......without punching all the way through.  Then
once the coil is wound, you can slip the end of the wire into it and use
pvc cement to permanently hold the wire in place....I also cement a flat,
circular piece of pvc onto the top of the coil form to help prevent
internal arcing.
    I use pvc bolts for the ground connection....glued into the bottom of
the form.  Finally, for my connections to the topload and the ground
strap,  I sand off the ends of the wires then make a 'spiral coil' around a
1/4 in. rod(to allow it to slip over a 1/4 in bolt) and then solder the
coil, so that it is like a washer and has a decent surface contact with the
topload/ground.
Mike