Re: Series-ing Potential Transformers

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

The diagram Dan refured to will not stress the PT's
beyond spec. Only thing I would do is tie the Neutral
to the center point on the LV side. So you have
120-N-120 on the LV side and 14.4KV-G-14.4KV on the HV
side. I have done this with MOT's and other single
winding trany's. Works fine.

David Trimmell

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:47:33 -0600, "Tesla list" wrote:

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance"
<resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

 > A PT will not withstand a 100% voltage increase (any
 > interior winding point
 > to ground) for very long.  It will work, but it will
 > also fail.
 >
 > Pole xmfrs in oil can do this but not PTs with solid
 > insulation.
 >
 > Dr. Resonance
 >  >
 >  > I currently don't see any reason this will not
work,