ASRG NST

Original poster: "John Richardson" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hi,

I have read horror stories about ruining NSTs with asynch gaps, and an
archive search reaffirms this.  However, if the breakrate is kept high, and
with Terry's filter, is this something to be concerned about?  I've got two
12/120 NSTs, which I hope to parallel for the time being.  I thought about a
small PT, but I think I'd rather wait for Dr. R's 16.5 kv transformers, and
it's been recommended by a knowledgeable coiler to go with an asynch gap, as
this will allow more variability for different systems while only
constructing one gap.  Anyone running their NST coil with an ASRG?

Thanks,
John Richardson