RE: Improving my poorly designed coil

Original poster: "Dwight Harm" <dwighth-at-traxsoft-dot-com>

Chris,
We haven't done as good as Greg Hunter (60" - WOW!), only 24" from 2 MOTs,
but still working on it.  Anyway, I'd say there's a good chance your gap is
NOT quenching most of the time.  We found that just adding a strong blower
(exhaust from a portable vacuum cleaner) close to the gap (2-3" away)
improved output from around 6" to 24"!

What's your cap? We've got 3 bucket caps (39 bottles), measured 46nf at time
of best sparks.

Dwight.