Re: Poking wires into secondary

Hi Ed,

Seems like the real factor with this issue is not necessarily the power
levels but the winding height relative to the power level.  Lower aspect
coils will have a greater problem than higher ones (everything else the
same).  I would also think the coil form material would play some part in
this in conjuction with the humidity and other environmental factors.

Using a nylon screw to terminate certainly helps.

Question:  Is it easier for an arc to travel down the inside of the form
than the outside (everything else being the same)?

Gerry R