Re: Poking wires into secondary

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

There are many answers to this question, which also happens to be one of
those "hot topics...."

It is definately a good idea to add a couple or more baffles inside the
secondary.  One several inches in from each end would be a minimum, IMO, in
almost any coil.  I have run coils without baffles, but the wire didn't
enter into the secondary.  My latest coil features a secondary ground
identical to your design except I'll be using a brass screw since brass
doesn't tarnish as much as copper.  The topload will be attached similarly
to the ground, by a brass bolt protruding from the top end-cap.  In this
way the topload is easily removed, as is the entire secondary coil.  I will
be adding 3 1/2" baffles inside the secondary (3" PVC pipe).

So IMO this is just another Tesla Myth.  Yes it's a bad idea, but only if
you don't use baffles inside the secondary.

Regards,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group