Fast quenching spark gaps - External Series Gap on Rotary Gap

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I'm looking to improve the quenching times on my 10" ARSG Rotary Gap for
magnifier use.  I don't want to build a complex
integrated series gap built into the rotary spark gap such as the type
used by Ed Wingate, but was wondering
if just by adding some series static gaps (air blown or magnetically
quenched) in series external to the gap would
work okay for starters.

Here is a picture of what I was thinking.

http://users.snip-dot-net/~liche/seriesgap01.jpg

Thanks
Dan