Re: variac rebuilding

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Be careful. Several of my variacs look to have been
silver plated on their contact surfaces. You may sand
that away if you aren't careful. I'm not sure if it's
silver, but it appears to be some thin layer. I've
carefully used a scotchbrite pad, but could have
easily worn the plating away if I wasn't looking for
it.

Adam