Re: eddy current with secondary coil

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

 >         You fail to mention that, at least to some people, the calculations
 > themselves provide intellectual satisfaction even when the improved
 > results are of no significance.  I suspect you experience that
 > satisfaction yourself.

Surely. I like to see that the models really work.

 >         In my "radio work" I've always found that putting a few extra
turns on
 > the coil of a fixed-tuned circuit and pulling off turns to get the
 > desired exact tuning is the simplest and quickest way to get there.
 > Same applies to cored inductors for audio-frequency filter work.

Ok for single inductors, but there are cases when they must be precise
and it's not practical to make adjustments. Some cases are classical
passive filters, and modern RF microelectronics. Even magnifiers need
a precise starting design, because it's difficult to adjust the
inductors
later.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz