potential transformer question

Original poster: "RIAA/MPAA's Worst Nightmare" <mike.marcum-at-zoomtown-dot-com>

Hi all. I came across a 3kVA 14.4kV potential transformer (expensive, but
looking for something I can run continuous without watcing the timer or a
bunch of nst's paralled or a heavy oil-filled pig). Anyone know how much
voltage these put out before self-destructing? Was aiming for 500v in with
4x the regular current limiting to get 60kv, 60 mA out (slight overload). I
know these have 110kv bill rating but isn't that a dc hi-pot test? How far
can these be pushed kVA wise? It's encased in plastic and I'd hate to melt
it off.